Thursday, June 12, 2008

Still waiting...

No news yet. This baby continues to cling to its mother. Saeeda isn't that far removed from when she was originally supposed to have delivered (Monday), and it's quite normal for mothers to be off by several days from that calculated date. But her contractions have started, so it's only a matter of time.

So today I took the day off from work to stay home, and we tried to enjoy our few remaining, worry-free moments together. We took a leisurely bus-ride down to the neighborhood cafe for lunch, then a nice walk to the Borders store to browse through some magazines, then an expensive cab ride back home (anyone else notice how much more expensive cab rides are since they started tacking on the mandatory $2.00 fuel charges in Chicago?).

I got plenty of "me" time in, checking email, reading, and going to the gym. I've heard enough friends tell me to enjoy this time that I am trying my best to do so. What freaks me out a little is the expression that always comes across the faces of my friends who give me this advice - always a little wistful, always a little haggard, always a little sad. That worries me.

No comments:

Post a Comment